This scrub is named for my friend Nic. She is a constant source of light and sweetness in my life. She sends me text messages with greetings like “Happy sunny Saturday angel” and “Hey hottie!!! You looked stunning last night.” A ‘Nic’ is a very good thing to have in your life t0 enjoy the good times with and is also wonderful for when boys are crap or you’ve had the worst EVER day at work. Nic is very good at getting INVOLVED. She works damn hard and also makes time to really listen to her friends, to get involved with her community and take part in a multitude of interesting things such as bicycle dance. She is a wee dynamo and I hope to grow old disgracefully with her.
Yesterday she was birthday queen for a day and I made her this wee gift to mark the day and named it in her honour.
Nic’s Sunshine Sugar Scrub
- 50g soft brown sugar – gentle exfoliator
- 30g cleansing oil or the oil of your choice – emollient
- 5g dried calendula flowers – antioxidant
- 5 drops coconut fragrance oil
- 5 drops ylang ylang essential oil
1. Place your calendula flowers in the herb and coffee grinder of your food processor.
2. Blend to a powder. A few intact petals will look pleasing in your finished product.
3. Pour your sugar, oil and powdered flowers into a small mixing bowl.
4. Mix together, crushing any lumps in the brown sugar with the tines of the fork.
7. Scoop into the jar with the fork then stab the fork into the mixture (mixing is more hardcore than you would think at first glance) to force the scrub into the jar and get rid of as much air as possible.
8. Gift to a friend or keep it all for yourself as you can’t bear to be parted from your luscious new scrub. As you can see here Nic is SUPER excited to be getting her scrub.
The photographer is saying something outrageous to us. As you can see I am much more amused by it than Nic – so amused that I have reached ‘starting to look like the Joker’ on the amusement scale.
Directions for use
Get naked. Scoop some scrub out of the jar and step into the shower. Scrub all over your rough bits then turn the shower on and rinse off. Towel dry and then spend some time stroking your lovely new skin and delicately sniffing it (an activity best carried out in private).